t starts with choice.
Our members' choice to find a doctor who's right for them.
And to change doctors at any time they want.
A choice to receive care in the way that works best for them: in person, over the phone, via email, whenever it's convenient. At Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, we believe care isn't just something that happens to our members, it's something every one of them has the right to actively participate in, because they know themselves best.
Our members know it's working, and while we rarely call attention to ourselves, others have noticed. Kaiser Permanente Hawaii received the highest honors from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as well as an Excellent Accreditation status.
We believe care is something every member has the right to actively participate in.
Our Medicare health plan is the only plan in Hawaii to receive a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Seventeen of our primary care clinics are recognized by the NCQA at the highest level as Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
These are our standards.
This is our mission.
Good health is our calling.
For one of the best primary care programs in the country, you want to be here.
PRIMARY CARE & PREVENTION SERVICE LINE
- When members want care
- Regular hours
- After hours
- Who members want care from
- Primary Care Physician
- Same-day urgent care
- Emergency department
- How members want care
- Office appointment
- Online self-help
- KP HealthConnect®
- Everyone who needs to know is informed of members' care
- Enhances communication
- Care is coordinated
- Patient Support Tool (for primary care physicians)
- Recommends routine age-appropriate screening
- Recommends monitoring of chronic disease
- Allows us to practice evidence-based medicine by providing decision support
- How are we Doing? Tool (for primary care physicians)
- Allows us to do coordinated outreach to members when they are due for screenings and/or chronic disease monitoring
- Wellness/healthy living
- Nutrition - classes & one-on-one help with dietitian (by referral)
- Healthy weight
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Online help with healthy lifestyle programs kp.org/healthylifestyle
- Flu shots
- Breast cancer screening
- Colon cancer screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Diabetes screening
- Team-based chronic care management
- Cholesterol & hypertension management
- Anticoagulation monitoring
- Medication therapy management
- Pediatric obesity
- Care when members are sick
- Board-certified Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians
- Access to specialty care
- Access to hospital care
- Many of our medical office buildings include laboratory, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy, and physical therapy all in the same building.
- Members Choose primary care physician
- Primary care physician orchestrates care with
- Highly trained health care professionals that partner with the primary care physician to help member with health care goals
- Board-certified specialist
- Board-certified physicians on the hospital team
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Patient-Centered Medical Home™ (PCMH™)
- Five-Star Rating by Medicare
- Best Doctors in America® 2010-2016
- America's Top Doctors® 2015-2016
- Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home™ designation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) - 2010 (renewed 2013)
- Excellent Accreditation status from NCQA - 2010 (renewed 2013)
- Our Moanalua Medical Center (MOA) is the first Baby-Friendly designated hospital in Hawaii, according to the World Health Organization & UNICEF 2007 (re-designated 2013)
- Excellent HEDIS® Quality measures (2015)
- Highest-rated Medicare health plan in Hawaii; one of the highest in the nation (5 out of 5 stars)
- Our Moanalua Medical Center has received an "A" rating for patient safety in the most recent national report card issued by The Leapfrog Group. This rating ranks MOA as one of the safest hospitals in the country.
Kapolei, Waipio, Nanaikeola
Kona / S. Kona